NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. How to Enter: Online sweepstakes only. To enter, go to: https://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/sweepstakes/2016/hefty-spring-cleanup to complete and submit the online Sweepstakes entry form during the sweepstakes period which begins at 12:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on April 4, 2016 and ends at 11:59 P.M. CST on May 8, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”). You must be a member of BoxTops4Education.com to enter and have designated a school to support during the Sweepstakes Period. Membership is free and is available at http://www.boxtops4education.com. Your chosen school must be enrolled in the General Mills Box Tops for Education Program (the “BTFE Program”) for the 2015 - 2016 academic school year to enter. If your school is not enrolled in the BTFE Program, contact your school and suggest they enroll in the Box Tops for Education Program by visiting http://www.boxtops4education.com. All terms and conditions of the BTFE Program apply. Sweepstakes entry limited to one (1) entry per person and per email address per day throughout the Sweepstakes Period. General Mills Sales, Inc. (“Sponsor”) will not verify receipt of entries. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated daily limitation will be void. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices or programs, script, macro or any other means which subvert the entry process will void all such entries and will result in entrant’s disqualification. Sweepstakes entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. CST on May 8, 2016.
2. Eligibility: Only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older who are members of BoxTops4Education.com. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, judging organization, and each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within and a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry.
Twenty (20) Prizes: each Prize is 1,000 Bonus Box Tops, which will be awarded to winner’s designated school. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $100.00.
Total ARV of all prizes: $2,000.00. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Prizes will be awarded directly to schools associated with winning entries (“Winning School”) in accordance with and subject to the Official Sweepstakes Rules of this Sweepstakes and the Official Rules of the Box Tops Program, available at http://www.boxtops4deucation.com/common/Rules.aspx. Bonus BoxTops will be credited to directly to the Winning School’s BTFE account, subject to the BTFE Program guidelines available at www.boxtops4education.com. No Bonus Box Tops prize will be awarded to any individual Winner.
Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash by any individual. Individuals cannot redeem Box Tops for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All applicable federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are each Winning School’s responsibility. Limit one (1) prize per school. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
4. Drawing and Awarding of Prizes: Twenty (20) potential Winning Schools will be selected by a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or about May 11, 2016. Drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential Winning School and entrant associated with such winning entry (“Winner”) will be notified by e-mail and/or postal mail. In addition to the releases and other requirements forth within these Official Rules, at Sponsor’s discretion, each Potential Winner (parent/legal guardian if Potential Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) (collectively an "Affidavit"), which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date notice. In this situation, if a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, or he/she refuses his/her prize for any reason, that Potential Winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. If any potential Winning School and/or potential Winner is found to be in violation of the Official Rules of the BTFE program, Box Tops Online Program and/or these Official Sweepstakes Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to disqualify such potential Winning School and/or the potential Winner.
5. Limitation of Liability: By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Winner[s] and Winning Schools agree that (except where prohibited) Sponsor may use Winner’s and Winning School’s respective names, cities and states of residence, pictures, prize information, likenesses and logos, voices, and opinions for advertising and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised without further permission, consideration or compensation to or from such Winners, Winning Schools or any third party. Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional and advertising agencies, and all respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, members, shareholders, assigns and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by Winners and Winning Schools and guests for any damage, loss, rights, claims or liability to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize awarded or participation in this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such action. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, destroyed, garbled, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or misdirected mail, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, faulty or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries which may damage a user’s system or limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email for the domain addresses associated with the submitted address. Potential Winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize on behalf of a school if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, or threaten any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sweepstakes void where prohibited and subject to federal, state and local laws.
CAUTION -- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
6. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
8. Winner’s List: The names of the winners will be posted on the Box Tops for Education website at http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonus-box-tops/bonus-winners.
Sweepstakes sponsored by:
General Mills Sales, Inc.
One General Mills Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55440