Printable Coupons FAQs
BoxTops4Education.com works in partnership with Coupons.com (Quotient, Inc.) to provide printable coupons on our site. Listed below are answers to the most common questions asked by our visitors. Additionally, you can consult Coupons.com for a complete guide to coupon printing: http://help.coupons.com/subjects/printable-coupons
How do I print a coupon?
- Select the coupons you wish to print from our site.
- Verify you have a default printer set up on your device and that it is turned on and full of paper and ink.
- To set up a default printer on your device, visit the manufacturer of your printer for instructions. Links to get you started:
- Mobile/Tablet – set-up varies by printer manufacturer
- Check your printer manufacturer instructions. Links to popular manufacturers:
If you are NOT connected to a printer on your device, but can print from another device later, choose the “Email” button. We will send you an email with a link in it so you can print your coupons from a printer-connected device at a later time.
- Desktop – set-up varies by operating system
If you ARE connected to a printer, click the “Print” button.
The coupon(s) you clipped should print automatically to your default printer if you have printed before. Check your printer for your printed coupon(s). You are now ready to redeem them at check-out.
If you are printing for the first time from this device, you will need to go through a print verification process to begin.
- Note: You still must print the coupons. Emailing them to yourself does not enable you to redeem them electronically at the store or scan them at checkout. Printing is still required
Do I need to install coupon printing software?
If you have never printed coupons from the internet, specific software is no longer necessary. There is a new mobile phone number verification process called Print Verification that no longer requires downloading and installing such software.
What is Print Verification and how does it work?
Print Verification is a new and easy print solution that bypasses the need to install the Coupons.com coupon printer software.
When you print your first coupon on any device, you will go through a one-time authentication process. This process will confirm your device by sending a six digit code via SMS (text message) to your cell phone. Enter the code to validate your device. Once verified, your coupons will print.
Note: If you clear your browser cache and history or use a different browser, you will be prompted to provide your mobile phone number again and be given another 6 digit code via text message to validate this new device or browser.
What are the benefits of the new Print Verification method?
You can now print coupons on any printer (wireless or wired connection) using a desktop, laptop, or mobile device. Coupon printing is faster and easier and uses your phone number as your account number.
Downloading the coupon printer software is no longer required. Downloading was difficult or impossible to do on public computers, many work computers and computers with strict antivirus settings.
Why do I need to enter my phone number?
Because dedicated software is no longer required, your mobile phone number will be your account number enabling you to print coupons from any device connected to a printer.
What does Box Tops For Education and Coupons.com do with my phone number?
Phone numbers are not used for marketing purposes and will not be stored in a recognizable format. You can also proceed with confidence knowing that Coupons.com (Quotient, Inc.) is a Better Business Bureau-accredited business in good standing. http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/marketing-programs-and-services/quotient-technology-in-mountain-view-ca-223835
How long do I have to verify my phone number?
You have 1 hour to enter the verification code sent to your mobile phone. If you miss the window, request a new verification code.
I already entered my phone number to print a coupon, why do I need to enter it again?
Sometimes, re-authentication is required because a user has cleared their browser cache, necessitating the user to re-enter their phone number.
What if I don’t have a mobile phone or can’t accept text messages?
You can call Quotient at 1-888-910-1457 to obtain a verbal authentication code which will allow you to verify your device and browser and enable coupon printing.
Why can’t my email address be used to authenticate my device?
Print Verification does not allow authentication with an email addresses because of the lack of security and the ability to create multiple email addresses to print offers.
Since you can select a PDF as your printer type, can I redeem a coupon in-store by having them scan a barcode from that PDF?
No, retailers cannot scan a PDF on your phone and give you the discount.
Why does my phone number fail to validate?
You may receive an error that your mobile phone number could not be accepted or you may not receive a phone verification number by text message if:
• You have entered an incorrect mobile number
• Your mobile number is not from a US based wireless provider
• Your mobile phone is not able to send and receive text messages
• You have a new mobile phone number and it is tied to a previously high-risk phone that was printing coupons fraudulently
A specific mobile phone number cannot be verified by our security provider. Reasons for not having a verifiable number include:
• Your phone is part of a pre-packaged, prepaid mobile plan
• Your phone number is attached to a landline
• Your phone number is a Google Voice number, not capable of being a verified text number
• You do not have a U.S. phone number.
When I print with phone verification, it looks like I can change the number of copies. Can I print as many as I want?
Although you are able to change the number of copies printed, Coupons.com Security monitors multiple coupon redeemers and will prevent people from printing in the future, if malicious printing is suspected. Even though you can print multiples, it would be unwise to do so.
Why is my coupon not printing after entering the code sent to my mobile number?
If your coupon doesn't print after entering your verification code, one of the following reasons could be the issue:
You may have already printed the allowed number of times for the same coupon from another device.
Your printer could be offline. Ensure your Wi-Fi printer is on and selected as your default printer and connected to the same network.
What operating system or web browser do I need to use the Coupon Printer software?
On this site, only devices that already have the coupon printer software installed will print using this method – see supported devices below.
All new coupon printers will be prompted to use the Print Verification method which is compatible with almost all systems including Android and iOS devices Chrome OS, Linux, Virtual Machine, etc.
Coupon printing using Print Verification is supported on mobile devices.
Coupon printing is currently supported on all versions of Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, and 2000 when used with Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape Navigator 8.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Windows 10 Edge browser, Apple Safari 2.0 or higher, and most MSN browsers.
Coupon printing is currently supported on Intel-based Macintosh computers running MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7 (Lion), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), when used with Apple Safari 4.0 or higher, Firefox 3.7 or higher, and Google Chrome.
Coupon printing using the Coupon Printer software is NOT supported on mobile devices, Linux, Chromium (Chrome OS), Windows 98/ME, Windows 8 Metro mode, WebTV, or virtual computing environments such as VMWare.
Why do I stay on a “Sending coupons to printer” page?
If you have multiple printers or have a fax machine connected it is most likely that a default printer has not been set and you are seeing a “sending coupons to printer” page.
Why did I get a "Limit Reached" message?
You may have reached your personal limit on a specific offer. Most coupons have a print limit of one (Weekly Premium) or two so everyone gets a chance to print coupons. Print limits go across websites and are tracked by account number, which is your mobile number for people using the new Print Verification method, or your installed coupon printer software if printing using the older method.
In some cases, your coupon may have been sent to your system's default printer and is waiting in the print queue to be printed. If that printer is available, you can fulfill the print request by reconnecting the printer to your computer and restarting the print job.
Unfortunately, any coupons sent to the wrong printer cannot be re-queued to another printer. To start sending your coupons to a different printer please read “How do I set up my default printer?”
How many times can I print the same coupon?
Most coupons have a print limit of one or two. Once you have reached the print limit for a specific coupon, it becomes inactive to print.
If a specific coupon you want has reached its print limit, visit our loyalty coupons page or our in-store deals page and see if a similar offer is available at your favorite store.
You can also look check back next week or choose from the other coupons we have available for you to print.
How do I uninstall the Coupon Printer software and switch to Print Verification?
- Click the Start menu and select All Programs > Coupons > Uninstall Coupon Printer for Windows
- When the wizard appears, click "Uninstall Coupon Printer"
- If necessary, you will be prompted to close any open web browsers
- Once the wizard completes, the Coupon Printer will be removed from your computer
- Click on the "Finder" icon to open the Finder window
- Select the Applications icon to display the applications loaded to your computer
- Locate and open the "Coupons" folder
- Click "Uninstall Coupon Printing Software"
- If necessary, you will be prompted to close any open web browsers
- Enter your administrative user name and password to complete the uninstallation
- Once the uninstallation is complete, the Coupon Printer will be removed from your computer
Once uninstalled, you will be prompted for Print Verification.
How do I clear my browser cache and cookies?
If you are experiencing problems printing, viewing, or navigating our coupons, you may need to clear your browser settings. See these detailed instructions:
How do I change the default settings for my printer?
If you need to change your printer default settings (portrait vs landscape, black and white vs color, one sided vs two sided, etc.), please select your operating system for instructions: http://help.coupons.com/articles/157-How-do-I-change-the-default-settings-for-my-printer
What is the difference between Weekly Premium Coupons at the top of the page and other printable coupons below?
Weekly Premium Coupons, as the name implies, are new each week and offered to our members in very limited quantities. These offers have the potential to reach their print limits before being refreshed every Thursday. Weekly Premium offers are only found on QueRicaVida.com, BettyCrocker.com, Pillsbury.com, Tablespoon.com and BoxTops4Education.com.
Only 1 print per person is allowed for these coupons, vs. 2 prints of the coupons lower on the page.
Check back every Thursday to see new coupons for your favorite General Mills products. Print them while they last!
Store Loyalty Coupons
Boxtops4education.com works in partnership with Cellfire and your favorite grocery retailers to provide Store Loyalty Coupons. Below are answers to the most commonly asked questions. Additionally, you can contact your store’s customer service department or the Cellfire Support Team for more information, to report a problem or to send feedback.
What are Store Loyalty Coupons?
Store Loyalty coupons are an easy, paperless way to save money on your groceries. They require no printing or clipping. Instead, you add them directly to an existing store loyalty account from your phone, tablet or computer. Store Loyalty coupons are instantly redeemed at checkout when you enter your loyalty account information and purchase the participating products. Box Tops for Education has partnered with Cellfire to deliver Store Loyalty coupons for over 80 different national and regional grocery retailers across the country.
How do I access Store Loyalty coupons at BoxTops4Education.com?
- Step 1: Visit http://www.boxtops4education.com/card-linked-offers/retailers and click on your retailer from the list of participating grocers.
- Step 2: Click the “Link Your Account” button on the Store Loyalty coupon page and enter your store loyalty account number (often your phone number or number on the back of your loyalty card).
- Step 3: Select the Store Loyalty coupons you’d like to add to your account. The button under each coupon will change from “Select Offer” to “Selected.”
- Step 4: When you’ve selected all of your coupons, click the “Add to Account” button on the bottom of the page to load all of them to your loyalty account.
- Step 5: After you’ve successfully added offers to your account, you will be directed to a Thank You page with the message: “Your offers have been added!” From there, you can return to the offer page for that retailer. The coupons you added will be located at the bottom of the page, marked with “Already Added To Account.”
How do I add a store loyalty account to my Box Tops for Education account?
There are two ways to add a store loyalty account:
- From the Store Loyalty Coupons page, select the applicable store and add your loyalty account number when prompted. You have the option to save that loyalty number in your member profile by logging in or registering on the site. Note: An existing store loyalty account is required. If you do not already have a store loyalty account number, you’ll need to first sign up for it on your retailer’s website or in their store.
- Access “My Account” (which is available in the site header when you are logged in) and add a new retail account in the “Retail Loyalty Accounts” section of the page.
How do I remove a store loyalty account from my Box Tops for Education account?
- Go to the Store Loyalty Coupon page http://www.boxtops4education.com/card-linked-offers/retailers and click on the “manage” link and you will be taken to My Account to delete or add linked accounts.
- You can also go straight to My Account whenever you are logged in to BoxTops4Education.com to make adjustments. There you will find a list of your loyalty accounts under the “Store Loyalty Accounts” section. Select “Remove” beneath the loyalty account you would like to delete, and then click “Confirm” to delete it. You can also add loyalty accounts here.
- If you are not logged in, please log in first.
- If you do not have a Box Tops for Education account, your loyalty number will not be saved.
I tried to add my store loyalty account, but was told my account number is not valid. What should I do?
There are a couple of reasons your account number may have been flagged as not valid.
- You may have entered dashes, spaces, a leading zero or a trailing extra digit in the field. Many retailers show these extra characters when issuing account numbers but none are accepted in the entry field. Please try again without them.
- There may have been a momentary technology glitch, outage or slow connection that caused a “not valid” error notice. Wait a few minutes (or even an hour or two) and try again.
- Some retailers require people to activate their account by using it at the store first. If that is the case, wait 30 minutes after the card is activated before trying to link your account here. If you still receive this message, contact your store’s customer service department or contact Cellfire for technical assistance.
- The account number may have been typed incorrectly, so double check the number and try again to make sure a simple mix-up didn’t occur.
- If you continue to receive this error, please contact your store’s customer service department and verify that the number is valid. If it is, please contact Cellfire for technical assistance.
How do I get a store loyalty account?
Please visit your retailer’s website – many let you sign up online. If not, visit the customer service desk at your local store and ask for a savings or loyalty account application. In most cases, you will receive an account on the spot. Before you can add your account to BoxTops4Education.com, please activate your account by using it at checkout and then wait at least 30 minutes before linking it and starting to add offers.
How do I add Store Loyalty Coupons to my store loyalty account?
Once you have linked a loyalty account number to your Box Tops for Education account, you can select offers by pressing the “Select Offer” button located beneath each Store Loyalty coupon. Once all the offers you want are selected, click the “Add to Account” button at the bottom of the page to load all the offers to your account at once.
How can I tell whether Store Loyalty Coupons have been added to my account?
- You can confirm that Store Loyalty offers have been successfully added to your account when you see the “Your offers have been added to your account” message on the Thank You page.
- You can also go back to the offer page for that retailer. All of the Store Loyalty coupons added to your account will be at the bottom of the page with “Already Added To Account” listed under each one.
- In most cases, you can also visit your retailer’s website and see the offers you added at Box Tops for Education listed there, too.
Can I remove a Store Loyalty coupon after it’s been added?
No. Store Loyalty coupons cannot be removed unless they expire or are used with a purchase at the store.
My family shares one account number. Can we all use it for Store Loyalty Coupons?
Yes. Multiple people can add the same store loyalty number to their individual at BoxTops4Education.com. Be sure to coordinate when coupons are redeemed, because they can only be redeemed once.
My wife and I have different store loyalty accounts, but it seems that offers are saved to both accounts at once. Why is this happening?
Sometimes retailers combine multiple accounts in a household into a single household account. Store Loyalty Coupons will be saved to both accounts and a redemption on one account will prevent someone from redeeming the same Store Loyalty coupon on another account. You'll have to manage offers saved to both loyalty numbers as a single account.
How many Store Loyalty Coupons can I add to my loyalty account?
You can add as many Store Loyalty Coupons to your loyalty account as are available. Please note that some grocery stores limit the number of offers each month.
How do I redeem Store Loyalty Coupons?
Store Loyalty Coupons get saved directly to your store loyalty account and are automatically redeemed when you use your account number at checkout and purchase the participating products in the right sizes and quantities. Check your receipt after you check out. If you do not see the Store Loyalty coupon credited to your account, go to the store’s customer service desk to find out why and ask for credit if the qualifying purchase was made.
I tried to use a Store Loyalty Coupon, but did not receive my discount. What happened?
The coupon may have failed for the following reasons:
- The product(s) you purchased did not meet the terms described in the coupon details.
- The coupon has expired.
- You had other Store Loyalty coupons or offers saved to your account for the same product(s) and that offer was used instead. Most retailers pick the best or first offer, if multiples exist, and do not allow multiple offers to be used together in the same transaction.
If you would like to report a problem with the redemption of a Store Loyalty Coupon, please visit your store’s customer service desk immediately. You can also contact Cellfire Support if the retailer cannot troubleshoot the issue.
What happens to expired coupons?
Expired coupons are removed from your account and are not available for use.
I've used an offer but it still shows up with "Coupon Saved" beneath. Why?
It can take up to 24 hours for a retailer’s system to update after a Store Loyalty coupon is redeemed. Please do not attempt to use the offer again; each Store Loyalty coupon is only valid for a single use and will not be applied again. Once the Cellfire and retailer systems are in sync, the offer will be removed.
If I have two of the same products and I have two different Store Loyalty coupons for that product, can I purchase them both in the same transaction?
No. The Store Loyalty coupon code can only be applied once per product, per transaction. In order to get your discount for the second item, please ask the cashier to ring it up separately.
I saved the same coupon to my account twice, but it only shows up once. Why?
Each coupon can only be saved one time to a loyalty account within a two-week period.
I tried to add a Store Loyalty Coupon that I saw on another website to my loyalty account at BoxTops4Education.com, but it does not show up. What happened?
If a Store Loyalty coupon does not show up on our site, it is likely that:
- You already saved that coupon to your store loyalty account somewhere else.
- You already redeemed that coupon in one of your recent purchases.
- Your retailer has additional Store Loyalty coupons available that are not offered at BoxTops4Education.com.
Why does BoxTops4Education.com offer Store Loyalty Coupons for some retailers but not all?
We are happy to feature Store Loyalty Coupons on our site for any retailers who have loyalty programs. Not all of our retail partners do, but we want to make it easy for our members to save money on their groceries while they are looking for recipes. If you don’t see your retail loyalty account in the list of available stores, please contact your retailer and let them know you’d like to see their offers on our site, too. We’re happy to add Store Loyalty coupons for any retailer.
Are the Store Loyalty coupons on BoxTops4Education.com the same ones offered at my retailer’s website?
Yes. The Store Loyalty coupons you see here are the same as those offered at your retailer’s site, although sometimes we only offer a portion of all the coupons available at your retailer’s site. Visit your retailer’s site to see all of their Store Loyalty coupons. Once you add a Store Loyalty coupon on Betty Crocker.com, Pillsbury.com, Tablespoon.com, you should see it added to your account at your retailer’s site too.
Do I have to register to take advantage of coupons?
No. You are no longer required to have an account on Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Tablespoon to print coupons or add them to your loyalty account.
What is the difference between printable coupons and store loyalty coupons?
Printable coupons are coupons you print at home and can be redeemed at most local retailers. Store loyalty coupons are coupons you load onto your retailer loyalty card or account. There may be different offers available for Printable Coupons and Store Loyalty Coupons.
Is there a limit to the number of different coupons I can clip or download?
For our printable and loyalty coupons you may clip as many different coupons as you want. However, there are limits to the quantity of the same offer you can print or add to your loyalty account. You are allowed only one attempt at printing each Weekly Premium coupon each week, and two attempts at printing all other coupons each month. You may add loyalty coupons to your card just one time.
How often are coupons updated?
Weekly Premium coupons are updated every Thursday morning. All other offers are updated at the beginning of each month, subject to manufactures discretion. Quantities are limited; offers are available while supplies last.
Where are offers accepted?
Over 90% of all major grocery chains and over 95% of all grocery stores have an official policy to accept printable coupons as long as they scan properly. Digital coupons are retailer specific and only redeemable at that specific retailer. In store deals are updated daily.
Can you mail or email me coupons?
Unfortunately, we cannot send any General Mills coupons by email or U.S. Mail. If you are unable to print coupons or add coupons to a loyalty account, please check your local paper and your store’s circular for additional General Mills coupons.