Service Legal Terms
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Please check back often to ensure you are aware of any updates or changes to these terms.
United States only
Unless otherwise specified, the materials in this Service are presented solely for the purpose of promoting Box Tops for Education products and the Box Tops for Education program available in the United States, its territories, possessions, and protectorates. We make no representation that materials in the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access the Service from locations other than the United States, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
By using the Service, you agree not to:
- submit to the Service purchase information that is false, inaccurate, fabricated, counterfeited, tampered with, adjusted, or otherwise artificial or inauthentic for the purpose of seeking to redeem Offers with the Service;
- redeem, or attempt to redeem, earnings for products that have not actually been purchased and retained by you, or for products that have been purchased but returned to a store or online vendor, following purchase;
- upload receipts to the Service that have already been uploaded by you or another user, for the purpose of earning credit from General Mills for purchasing products that you did not actually purchase;
- attempt to obscure or alter the date on a receipt, such as by purposefully uploading a receipt without any date shown or without any clearly legible date shown;
- use any application in any unauthorized manner whatsoever, attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or portions of the Service, extract information from the Service for the purpose of using said information in conjunction with another service, website, mobile website, or mobile application;
- rent, lease, loan, sell, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the licenses granted herein or any materials;
- use the Service for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, and data protection and privacy, or the collection, storage, transmission, or access of educational records;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or User Content, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Service, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Service or User Content;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Service or any part thereof (including any application), except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
- modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the Service or any part thereof, except and only to the extent the foregoing restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law;
- interfere with or damage operation of the Service or any user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including launching any automated system, including without limitation, load testers, offline readers, robots, or spiders that send more requested messages through the applications in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce, uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonably large load on the Service’s servers; or
violate the security of the Service; or engage in any other conduct that exposes us or any of our users to any liability or potential harm.
Termination of Use
If you engage in prohibited conduct or otherwise violate any of the Terms, your permission to use the Service will be terminated. You also agree that we may, at any time and without notice to you, suspend or revoke your access to and use of the Service, and any accounts you may have in connection with the Service including: (i) where we determine in our sole discretion that such action is reasonable in order to comply with legal requirements or to protect the rights or interests of General Mills or any third party; or (ii) in connection with any general discontinuation of the Service. We also reserve the right to modify the Service at any time without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or revocation of your access to or use of the Service. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting customer service.
If your account is closed for any reason and you have pending Earnings in process, we will notify you of any action that needs to be taken. If you do not take the necessary action before the Offer has expired, your Earnings are not earned and any rights you or the school you support have to the pending Earnings will terminate.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
All names, logos, service marks, and trademarks appearing in the Service, including the trademarks, service marks, brand identities, characters, trade names, graphics, designs, copyrights, trade dress, and all other intellectual property ("Content"), except as otherwise noted, are protected intellectual property of, or used with permission or under license by, General Mills and its affiliates. This includes the entire Content of the Service, copyrighted and protected as a collective work.
Your use of the Service is limited to personal and non-commercial use only unless other uses are granted expressly to you. You may not copy, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or otherwise display the Service Content for public or commercial purposes without our written permission for such use of Content. You may not harvest or otherwise collect information about others, take any action that imposes an unreasonably large load on the Service’s servers, violate the security of the Service, or engage in any other conduct that exposes us or any of our users to any liability or potential harm.
It is General Mills’ policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of General Mills and/or others.
User Submitted Content
This Service may allow users to post text, images, audio, video, links to other sites, or other content to the Service. As a consequence, you may see materials that have been submitted to this Service by individuals not affiliated with General Mills. Neither General Mills nor any of its affiliates endorses these individuals nor are we in any way associated with any of the materials that they may post on this Service or link to from this Service. Neither General Mills nor its affiliates (nor their respective officers, employees, or agents) shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever arising in connection with any materials provided by these individuals or in connection with any conduct of these individuals.
By submitting any content to this site, you understand and agree that you are giving us a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive and sublicenseable license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, perform, display and creative derivative works from any such user submissions, in whole or in part, in any form (including for promotional or marketing purposes). You agree not to disparage, defame or otherwise seek to damage anyone or invade anyone’s rights through any submitted content.
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations and Agent for Notice
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide General Mills’ Copyright Agent with the following information:
1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service, with enough detail that we may find it;
4. your address, telephone number, and email address;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
General Mills’ Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
c/o General Mills, Inc.
Number One General Mills Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55426
Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Service is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ADDITIONALLY, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE(S) OR THE SERVERS MAKING THE SITE(S) AVAILABLE ARE VIRUS FREE. We do not warrant that the functions contained in these materials will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Service or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the result of the use of the materials in the Service in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless General Mills and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (collectively, the " General Mills Entities") from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' and accounting fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use of or alleged use of the Service; (ii) your violation of the Terms or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (iv) any disputes or issues between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim
All comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, recipes or other information disclosed or submitted to us by you through the Service or in response to solicitations in the Service (“Submitted Ideas”) shall be and shall remain our property. You understand and acknowledge that we have both internal and external resources which may have developed or may in the future develop ideas or other items identical to or similar to the Submitted Ideas and that we are only willing to consider the Submitted Ideas on these terms. In any event, no Submitted Idea is submitted in confidence and we assume no obligation, express or implied by considering the Submitted Idea. Without limitation, we shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to the Submitted Ideas of every kind and nature throughout the Universe and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submitted Ideas for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise without compensation to the provider of the Submitted Ideas.
Choice of Law and Enforcement
Your access to the Service as well as the terms and conditions and the agreement they create are governed and interpreted by the laws of the United States without regard for conflict of laws provisions.
Agreeing to Terms
posted on the Service, please do not use the Service or any features offered by the Service. We reserve the right to make changes to these terms at any time. Please check back from time to time to ensure you are aware of any updates or changes. Your use of our Service indicates acceptance of all terms.
You may contact us
with any comments or questions about these term or the Service.